This is essentially a much better quality version of egg mayo. It is mayo free and a great source of protein, fat and some fiber. Plus you get a dose of probiotics if you are (and you should be by now) buying yoghurt with live cultures. You can spruce it up and flavour it as you like but this was such a hit I won’t tinker with it too much.
This Egg Myo is super versatile too. Use it as:
- a snack on it’s own, particularly useful as a pre-bed option
- a dip with some celery or carrots while at your desk
- breakfast with some extra veg (lettuce, rocket or cucumber would be good)
- an alternative filling for these lettuce cups
- the protein for your salad jars for lunch
- a topping for your open sandwich, crackers or wrap
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE2 free range eggs 1 Tbsp yoghurt 1/2 tomato, finely diced small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped 1 tsp capers 1 tsp lemon juice salt, pepper and Tabasco small pot, water and stove
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO
Fill a pot with water and add your eggs. Bring this to the boil, remove from the heat immediately, cover and leave for 7 minutes. Peel your eggs in cold water (stops the cooking and it so much easier) and then chop them as you like. Rough or fine depending on your desire. Add your chopped egg to a small mixing bowl along with all the other ingredients, season to taste and mix thoroughly. There you have it, ready to go.